Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

One of my 2013 personal goals was to be hired as a staff nurse in one of U.A.E.’s government hospitals.  When one of the emirates (city) started hiring for its newly built hospital, I naturally applied together with my younger sister who happens to be a nurse as well.  Among the multitude of applicants from all over the U.A.E., my sister and I got the coveted ‘Offer Letter.’  However, only my sister is working currently there.  I’m sure a lot of you, dear readers, will ask why.  Did I not accept their offer?  Of course, I accepted their offer.  The pay was almost twice the salary I was taking home at present.  But why did I not push through with it?  Many reasons, actually.  First and foremost, I wanted this year to be the year for me and my husband to try for a baby.  Then, I’m sure you will ask why then did I apply for the job if I was not planning to take it anyway.  Honestly, I didn’t really think I’d get it.  I’m a greenhorn when it comes to nursing as this is my second profession.  I was sure they wanted someone with more experience.  But I guess my experience at present made up for the years others presented.  So, this is my dilemma now.


Again this hospital is calling me to make my intentions known.   They want to know whether I’ll still be taking the job or not.  My contract with my present employer is coming to an end this year and usually if one transfers to a government entity from the private sector in the U.A.E. there is no problem at all.  But what happens to the plan of trying for a baby?  I know I cannot make this hospital wait forever for my decision.  Good thing now they have to seek several approvals from the top management before they seek my final decision.  Which, by the way, gives me another respite on decision making.  Sigh.  Why does it have to be so difficult?  My husband is not putting any pressure.  Thank goodness.  He says whatever I decide he will support.  I guess another reason for my hesitance is the fact that I’ll be leaving my comfort zone.  Everyone knows how scary that can be, right? 

But…and it’s a big B-U-T.  If I refuse this blessing it’s the same as asking for something I don’t deserve which is a lot worse I think.  Sigh.  May the grace of discernment help me on this one.

Thanks for reading even if I didn’t make a lot of sense. 🙂

[Photo courtesy of Google.]


4 thoughts on “Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

  1. Sometimes when you leave your comfort zone, you find a zone with even more comfort. (This sounded better in my head) I’d take it, but think hard about it, pray, ask advice…you’ll make the right decision.

  2. Can you not have both the job and the family? If not, the decision should be to which is more pressing right now. Will the job help your future family? Or will it hinder it? This is a very difficult decision indeed and I wish I had better advice than more questions…

    • The questions are great, Kelli. 🙂 I mean, in the U.A.E. for the first year of work in the company it is implied that you’ll not get in the family way yet. But there is no black and white rule that I can find on it though. Thanks for stopping by.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s